At MomentPath, our ultimate goal is to help capture life's moments so families can feel connected to their loved ones, even when they are apart. Given recent events, communication and connection between families and their loved ones are more important than ever.
• Encourage students and staff to stay home if sick.
• Make hand cleaning supplies readily available.
• Stagger staffing or schedules to reduce in-person interaction.
• Work with your local health department for guidance on closures and re-openings.
• Always check reliable sources for up-to-date, accurate information about COVID-19; we've listed some resources on this page.
• Remain calm and reassuring.
• Make yourself available to listen and to talk.
• Pay attention to what children see or hear on television, radio, or online.
• Provide information that is honest and accurate.
• Teach children everyday actions to reduce the spread of germs.
We understand that communicating with your staff and families during this time is crucial. MomentPath offers several ways to quickly and effectively send information. To learn more about some of the communication tools that might be helpful to you during this time, check out the articles below. Learn more about the:
Send urgent notices and updates to family and staff members
Encourage back-and-forth conversations with family and staff members to help answer questions quickly in the app
Quickly post to your center calendar to keep family and staff up to date on closures and other important events